Monday, December 8, 2014

November/December Monthly Update

Greetings Friends!

First off I want to apologize for the tardiness of this update. It has been a fairly hectic couple of weeks. So I hope you don't mind but I thought I would keep it simple this update and refrain from sharing any significant insights I might have gleaned over the past month or so in it. With the Holiday season upon us and Cindy at the end of her Chemo therapy things are more than a little crazy around our household. I hope you will understand. 

Well, we're finally here! Cindy is about to begin the last cycle of her 6 cycle treatment. And boy is she ever glad! Her last treatment is scheduled for January the 2nd 2015. And it couldn't come quickly enough for her. 

Although the last one was slightly postponed a week, she has successfully completed 10 of her 12 scheduled treatments. And while the first eight were relatively not as bad as they might have been for her the last two have been particularly awful, denying Cindy the usual brief period of recuperation she typically gets a week or so after a treatment.  Without that usual period of release from the symptoms she has been feeling quite miserable the past few weeks. 

But she presses on, grateful that an end is finally in sight, hopeful that the tyranny on her body is at last drawing to a close. 

I'm also happy to report that she is cancer free at this point and her hemoglobin counts & white blood cell counts are both up despite the severe fatigue & neuropathy she currently experiences in her hands and her feet. So at this point she will not be needing a blood transfusion. Thank you for the prayers! With very minor exception her oncologist is pleased with the results of her chemo. And we couldn't be happier about that. 

In closing as you think of her this holiday season, please continue to lift her up in your prayers. This has been a very difficult season for her especially with the holidays upon us. And I imagine the end will be the more so. She will definitely benefit from any request you might feel led to lay before our Heavenly Father on her behalf. 

A few simple practical requests would be:

An ongoing appetite for food for Cindy. She's not eating enough. 
Energy to do the simple ordinary things she needs to do. Everything wears her out. 

A guarded heart and mind in the loss of her hair appetite and energy. We can't imagine how hard that must be. 

And that no other chemo treatment would be postponed

Also: please pray for the boys. This holiday season will look very different to them from the others 

You can also pray for my own heart mind (Chris). 
I'm increasingly tired physically emotionally and spiritually as we get closer to the end. 
I am starting to forget simple things (I guess because I've got so many other things on my mind these days). 
Please pray that I'm able to give my family the attention affection and devotion they need from me (I'm a high introvert) in this season. 

And finally please pray for Cindy's parents John and Kathy. They're both an incalculable blessing to our family and contribute much to the maintenance of our little home. Pray for their health, and against any drama that the enemy might try to drum up against them. Pray for their marriage and for their travel. They both travel quite a distance each month to see us. 

As always we are both so grateful for your love and support each month and value each and everyone of you for so many different reasons! You have all contributed in so much this season. And we are both so humbled by your love. 

In closing I (Chris) want to say to each of you: you have all been the tangible demonstration of the tender mercy & grace of our God to my family and I. Your love has been a stream in the desert I drink from often which God continues to sustain me with in my most difficult hours of need. Whether it's a cup of coffee hand delivered to my door on a hectic night, a dear friend stopping by to say he cares or a kind word spoken with tenderness from a seasoned mother, you have all been Christ to me. And this holiday season I want to say I am grateful for all of you. And I am sure Cindy feels the same. 

Merry CHRISTmas & a Happy Healthy & Whole Holiday season to each of you and all of your families from all of ours!
We love you all. 

-Chris, Cindy & the Family


                                                                   The Munchkins
                                                                A Becca in a Basket!
                                                                     Brotherly love
                                                                        The Boys

                                                                Cindy (Lovely as ever)

No comments:

Post a Comment